Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly blog posted featured on the Broke & The Bookish blog. This week’s topic is Top 10 Characters everyone loved but I didn’t. I’m changing it a little to be the Top 10 Characters from books I read that I didn’t really care for. These are in no particular order.
1. Christian Grey from the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I’ll be the first one to admit that I was all over this book after it came out, and at the time, thought CG was awesome. After reading other books from the same genre, I’ve come to realize I didn’t even like CG. He was a creepy stalker, and Anastasia was crazy for staying with him.
2. Bella Swan from the Twilight series. Another series that I was gaga about at the time, but even then, I wasn’t a huge fan of Bella. She was a mopey, whiny brat and I honestly couldn’t understand how she managed to get two guys to fall in love with her. She is one of the worst female leads ever written.
3. Robert Durst from He Killed Them All by Jeanine Pirro. Ok, I’m cheating a bit here, because Robert Durst is a real person and not technically a fictional character, but Robert Durst is a truly awful guy who has killed three people and gotten away with all three of the murders. If you like true crime, I would recommend watching “The Jinx” on HBO, then reading this book.
4. Claire Gracen from Mid-Life Love by Whitney G. Claire was one of the worst romantic heroines I’ve ever read. Totally insecure and incapable of accepting love, she drove me crazy. The only reason I finished the book was because I liked the hero so much. She was the worst.
5. Valentine Roth & Kyrie St. Claire – Alpha by Jasinda Wilder. This book centers on a poor girl who gets random checks for $10,000 from a stranger, then basically becomes his sex slave to help pay her debt. This was one of the worst books I’ve ever read, and I hated both characters.
6. Ginny from Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn. Nine Minutes is the story of Ginny, who is “kidnapped” by Grizz, a motorcycle gang leader. They end up getting married and falling in love. She never tried to escape, fell in love with a murderous gang leader and ends up marrying his “boy” after he goes to jail. I liked the first book, but lost all respect for Ginny in the second book.
7. Nan from the Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines. Nan is one of the worst characters ever. Just pure evil. She is the reason I stopped reading the series.
8. Wesley Wren from the Body Movers series by Stephanie Bond. Wes is a punk kid who is abandoned by his parents and raised by his sister. He does nothing but give her a hard time and act like a petulant child. One of my least favorite men in this otherwise highly entertaining series.
9. Darcy Rhone from Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. Darcy Rhone is one of the most self-centered, spoiled bitches ever written. She takes everyone in her life for granted, like she is the most wonderful person in the world. She redeems herself in the second book, Something Blue, but for the most part, she’s the worst.
10. Robin from the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman. I seriously hated Robin – could have had something to do with the fact that I was secretly in love with Alex Delaware and was pissed that she didn’t appreciate/understand him. I stopped reading the series a while ago, so I don’t know what the status of their relationship is, but I hope it’s over.