Happy New Year and welcome to 2016! There are some exciting things happening this year, and here are a few of those things I’m most excited about. Don’t worry, there are only 5!
- President Obama’s term is over. What a horrible 8 years this has been. President Obama was an awful president, and we will be better off as a country when he is out of the White House.
2. Mike Pence’s first term as Indiana Governor will be over. Mike Pence has ruined Indiana’s reputation and is on the brink of ruining our school system. I think his chances of re-election are slim to none, so hopefully these problems will be fixed quickly after he leaves office.
3. Adnan Syed’s post-conviction relief hearing. Those who have listened to Serial and Undisclosed will be anxiously awaiting early February to see Adnan will be granted a new trial, which he really should be.
4. 2016 Summer Olympics. I LOVE the Summer Olympics. Gymnastics, swimming, diving are my favorite events, but I love watching them all. I’m still bummed Chicago didn’t make the finals, but I think Rio will be a good host city.
5. March Madness. I love college basketball, and this tournament is one of my favorite sporting events of the year. March can’t get here soon enough.