My Top 10 Tuesday this week, in anticipation for Thanksgiving, is the Top 10 Things I’m thankful for.
- My family. I am very blessed to be married to my best friend and have two beautiful boys. I also have two dogs that are the light of my life. Being a mother is the best thing in the world, and the thing I’m most thankful for. This also includes my parents, in-laws and extended family.
- My sister. My sister is my best friend and the person who knows me best in the world. I can talk to her about anything and everything and she is an amazing aunt to my children. I can’t imagine my life without her.
- Sports. I LOVE sports. I love watching my children play sports, and I love professional sports, especially football and hockey. Sports is something that unifies people, and gives you something to talk about.
- My kindle. I love to read and I’m thankful for my kindle, which has over 1,000 books on it. It has brought me hours of enjoyment over the past few years.
- Serial. I’m so thankful my sister encouraged me to listen to Serial. It has changed my view on so many things and has given me hours of enjoyment. I’m also thankful for the Undisclosed and Truth and Justice podcasts as well.
- Being an aunt. While not biologically linked to me, my three nieces and my nephew are a true joy to me. They are much older than my children, and are wonderful role models to them. I have so much fun with them and can’t imagine my life without them.
- TV. I’m a TV junkie and watch way too many shows, but I love TV. Like sports, TV is a unifier and a great way to start conversations. I’m also thankful for Netflix and Hulu, which feed my obsession.
- Gainful employment. I’m thankful that I have a good job that is rewarding and wonderful co-workers to share my day with. Some folks aren’t so lucky, and I know how blessed I’ve been.
- Health. I’m thankful that I’ve been healthy, and my family has been healthy. My parents are healthy. It is a true blessing.
- My ability to be social. Growing up, I was an incredibly shy wallflower, thanks to many years of being bullied. I’m now confident and content with myself, and have no problem talking to strangers and making friends. I’m also very blessed to have some amazing friends in my life thanks to my newfound confidence, and I’m very thankful for that.