Only the most urgent crisis could force Delilah Fairchild to abandon her beloved biker bar and ask the surly Bryan “Mac” McMillan for help. Her uncle—the man who raised her—has vanished into thin air, and Mac is the only person with the right connections to help her find him. What the ex-FBI agent has against her is a mystery…but when the bullets start to fly, Mac is her only chance of finding her uncle alive.
Mac knows that beautiful women can’t be trusted, but he has to put his natural wariness of Delilah aside in order to help her. With the clock ticking, Mac and Delilah find themselves holding on to each other in the wildest adventure of their lives.
2 1/2 out of 5 stars
Well, Ms. Walker, you’ve gone and done it. You’ve created a “hero” that I couldn’t stand. I have read the entire BKI series, and liked all of the men (with the exception Babineaux’s stupid french thing) until now.
Bryan “Mac” MacMillian is a DICK. I really didn’t want to finish this book. The only reason I did finish was because of Delilah. Mac really sucked. The book pretty much sucked. Here’s why:
- Mac. As I said, Mac is a dick. Throughout the entire book. It’s not until 90% ish that he comes to his fucking senses. 90%? Really. Once we find out why he has “issues”, I was PISSED. It was so stupid and cheapened the entire story. REALLY!!! I won’t give it away, but it’s stupid as hell.
- The storyline surrounding Uncle Theo’s disappearance. Utterly stupid and not at all believable.
- What happens to Fido (won’t spoil, but it pissed me off)
- Mac’s southern shit (darlin’, etc). About as annoying as the book with Rock and his stupid french-ism’s.
- This book would have been SO much better had it been told in the first person. There were WAY too many inner thoughts, mental head slaps. It got super annoying super quick.
One thing I did like was the sexual chemistry between Zoelner and Agent Duvall. I have a feeling the next book will be about them. And I seriously hope it’s better than this one. I’m not giving up on the series, because I’m way too invested, but this one seriously sucked.